Workers’ compensation benefits include temporary disability, medical treatments, and a permanent disability award.
The following are the different benefits that are paid for work-related or on-the-job injuries and accidents:
- Medical & Prescription coverage
- Disability benefits that cover a part of an employee’s salary while they are disabled
- Mileage reimbursement to and from doctor’s appointments
- Psychological counseling
- Permanent disability benefits
- Vocational retraining
- Death benefits for the worker’s spouse and dependents
Some workplace injuries can occur over time. Repetitive stress injuries can cause injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome, degenerative disk disease, osteoarthritis. Illnesses caused by exposure to a workplace environment are also considered work-related and may be covered by workers’ compensation.